• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Small Gem Collection

Started by lastvautour, May 04, 2011, 12:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I can't for the life of me find where I found those but here is an example of what I did download some time ago. That one is stone or cement walls. I have wood and corrugated metal also if anyone wants them.

Lou

lastvautour

I have neglected to keep this post up to date. Here are the latest in the Small Gem collection. The DHC-4 Caribou and DHC-5 Buffalo are renowned STOL used the world round.

Lou

Balsabasher

Beautiful little models Lou.
Barry.

lastvautour

At 1/144 scale they are slightly bigger than a single engine WWII fighter in 1/72.

Lou

lastvautour

The RCAF C-47 fits right in with the other two United Nations aircraft. It is my intention to add to the UN fleet in this scale.

Lou

Balsabasher

Absolutely lovely Lou,three classic aircraft together representing the United Nations workhorses over the years.

Barry.

lastvautour

I would like to add a DHC-3 Otter, An-26 Curl and several other than feature the white UN paint scheme. The new additions will have to wait until the mood is right.

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, they certainly look great as they are now. Nice hangar too.

Cliff.

lastvautour

lastvautour

Latest addition is the Canadair Cosmopolitan. Nestled together under the Comet is my current 1/144 scale collection.(Less Bonnie air fleet).

Lou

buccfan

Looks good in the hangar with its stablemates.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. I need a desperate area to place them.

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou I think of all your models these are the most charming,I know that you enjoy making your small gems and the collection is something in its own right,they certainly hone your skills in fabricating them to such small scales.
Barry.

lastvautour

One problem is scale parts can be pretty weak. In this case, the wings are not very thick and I have heard some crackling during normal handling so I now take delicate when moving the Cosmo. I am sure that more Small Gems will be forthcoming.

Lou

lastvautour

The latest Small Gem is a De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter in UN colours

Lou