• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Small Gem Collection

Started by lastvautour, May 04, 2011, 12:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The Small Gem collection is growing very slow due to other projects. The addition of the F-100C Super Sabre may be followed by another Century Series jet.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pid=5710

Lou

Kenny Horne

Hey Lou,

Love to see the little  'uns.  If a great deal of the charm of modelling is making miniatures, 1/44th scale must be the most charming.

Kenny,

still lurking about...

Balsabasher

Love them all Lou,what a collection you have there,well done.
Barry.

Mark Braunlich

A very nice miniature air museum Lou.  It boggles my mind that you could make that Hun in 5 hours!

Mark

lastvautour

Thanks
Kenny: nice to see you are still with us.
Barry: You inspired my first 1/144 with your 1/200 Republic Seabees.
Mark: Carving and sanding was minimal as every thing seem to come together at once. There are only 3 pieces of wood. The Undercarriage is just a cut and glue operation.

Lou

dave_t

I like the diorama. http://airalex.homestead.com/HOWTO.html

There are a few large scale R/C F-100s on youtube, but nothing in 1/4th yet!

cliff strachan

Keep lurking about, Ken. Nice to hear from you.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Dave, I surf that site all the time. He does some pretty nice models.

Lou

lastvautour

Another in the Small Gem series is the 1/144 scale North American Mustang I using SMM gallery ID Model plans. The major components are glued and require a bit of putty around the tail feathers. I have yet to decide if I will attempt decals. I find it hard to do a good job at this size.

Lou

Balsabasher

These small gems ae just he job for using up offcuts of valueable timber,Lou your collection of these miniatures looks lovely and the beauty is that they do not take up much room either.
Barry.

lastvautour

The RCAF Squadron 400 Mustang Mk I was just rolled out of the hangar and will take its place along other Small Gems.

Lou

Balsabasher

Superb little dioramas Lou,those coffee tin hangars look really effective !
Barry.

lastvautour

Thank you Barry. I am still having problems mastering my new camera.

Lou

cliff strachan

Pretty fine models and setup, Lou. I think your hangars are fantastic. In fact until Barry mentioned it I really wasn't sure what you had made the hangars out of.
Cliff.

Peter

Very cool Lou, I can almost here the engines. When my current three projects are done. I'm going to try one on your micro scale planes.

Peter