• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

WWII ID + Models Vol II

Started by lastvautour, April 20, 2011, 07:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Top wing dihedral cut and very rough fuselage.

Lou

lastvautour

Time for primer to be applied.The P-39 lends itself to many paint schemes most of them olive drab plus identifying colours.

Lou

Balsabasher

Very nice project Lou.
Barry.

lastvautour

Thank you Barry. Production is rather slow this winter. Here is the latest addition to my WWII ID + fleet.

Lou

P.S. I am eyeing a Devastator for this series.!!!!!
The collection of ID + stands at 14 so far. Just another 76 to go.

lastvautour

Comparison with other WWII aircraft the P-39 appears to be smaller than most.

Lou

lastvautour

Better pictures added to 2nd above post.

Lou

cliff strachan

Again a very nice model Lou. But I especially like the prop. Have you ever given any consideration to cutting away part of the plastic to make it possibly even more realistic? I had thought of this but that's as far as I got.
Cliff.

lastvautour

I did think of it and will try it.

Lou

lastvautour

Three more on the bench. A Devastator, Mosquito and a Wildcat all in WWII ID +. Drawings were taken from the WWII ID plan section on SMM. http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/index.php?cat=13 I did not realize that the Devastator wing was almost a big as the twin engine Mosquito. Regardless, templates have been printed and glued to cardboard. The Wildcat templates have been cut out and the basic blocks marked and cut out.

Lou

Balsabasher

Looks good in the Ruskie scheme.
Barry.

lastvautour

Thank you Barry. Here are some progress shots.

Lou

Peter

You know Lou, I really wish you would just write a how to book! It would make it easier for the rest of us.

Peter

Balsabasher

I just love the Mossie as you have portrayed it so far,a classic in the making.
Barry.

lastvautour

Moving a bit further along. Most parts are just sanded with 100 grit paper so far.

Lou

Balsabasher

Is that what we call minimum recognition features Lou !! looks like a dinosaur at the moment,you are a tease !
Barry.