• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Messerschmitt BF-109E Started 10 Nov 2020 Completed 19 Nov 2020

Started by lastvautour, November 11, 2020, 09:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

An ME 109 Emile is on the bench. I have had problem making one in the past and still find the design hard to grasp. After three fuselages, three horizontal stabilizers and two vertical fins the model is taking shape. The wing is the only part I got relatively accurate on my first try.

Lou

lastvautour

Hand brush primer is still wet in places. The only things remaining are the gun troughs ala Gordon and the horizontal wing braces.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

lastvautour

Luftwaffe Messerschmitt BF-109-E1 of 2./JG 3 Bonn early 1940 decals printed. As usual, extra components have been printed. The colour profile is a generic example of markings.

Lou

buccfan

Looking good Lou, colour scheme looks good, as do your decals. Regards Paul J.

Jim

And so it goes...

lastvautour

lastvautour

A nine day build. The BF-109E-1 joins the other 26 single engine ID plus models.

Lou

lastvautour

27 Single engine and 12 twin engine models in the ID + collection.

Lou

buccfan

Very nice Lou, colour scheme looks good, I've not seen that one before. Regards Paul J. ( At this rate you will need to move to somewhere with a bigger basement!!)

Boomerang

lastvautour

Gearup

Great looking BF-109. Such a classic looking aircraft; very angular and simple lines. Apparently after the war ended, it was discovered that the 109 utilized advanced single piece forgings that made very strong, light and complex shapes quickly. The US then started the Heavy Press Program in the 50's to catch up on the tech with their 50,000 ton presses. They're still in use today.
Fraser