• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Luscombe 11A CF-LYB 1/32 Scale. . . ........... . . .(Completed 05 August 2010)

Started by lastvautour, July 12, 2010, 02:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The latest high wing wonder takes shape with all major parts completed in the rough. Various attachments will be fashioned and attached. The photo shows the major components and what the craft will look like once completed. I have chosen CF-LYB as a serial number. This is the only Canadian registered Luscombe 11A that has a photo on line. I have only found the one but I have located the owner's address and I will contact him to secure more photos and info on the paint scheme.

The photo of the actual aircraft can be found here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/33932332@N07/4229886558/in/faves-8416077@N08/

cliff strachan

Lou, you might be interested in the fact that I saw a Luscombe practising touch and goes at Lyndcrest just east of Winnipeg a week ago. However, I believe that it was only a two-place.
Cliff.

lastvautour

The big difference is that the 11A fuselage dips drastically behind the wing.

Please see if you can get a photo of the one flying down there.

Lou

cliff strachan

I'll see if I can get a photo, Lou but I have a hunch that the Luscombe isn't based at Lyncrest. And while I'm here I'd like to mention that I just saw your request by chance. It seems that, for some reason, or other I've missed postings in the past.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Primer has been applied and the tail components have been glued together. I will paint the wing first and then attach it to the fuselage and complete carefull sanding to join the two. I tried to provide pictures that show the corrugation on the flaps and ailerons.

lastvautour

Another High Wing Wonder joins the growing collection.

The white is Krylon rattle can and the orange a mixture of three Model Master paints that I hope captured the original aircraft's colour scheme.

Collection reaches half a dozen. Sounds like more that just saying six.

The shelf is getting crowded but I feel 1/144 scale would not do these High Wing Wonders any justice.

cliff strachan

That is a wonderful Luscombe. I, as usual, am also fascinated by the setting ie the hangar. Could ask a great number of questions about finish - it's great.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Ken Pugh