• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Canadair CL-44 / RCAF CC-106 Yukon.......................(Completed 25 Oct 2011)

Started by lastvautour, February 05, 2010, 01:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

Lou,
Glad you were able to retrieve your pictures and data!

Dust is always an issue.  I finally convinced my son that he needs to clean up after his projects, too. He's carving a wooden octopus now.

Garet

Mark Braunlich

Lovely Lou.  I like the multi toned panels on the nacelles.  Thanks for posting.

Mark

lastvautour

Garet, dust will do us in with the misses rather quickly so cleaning up often is the key. Let us see that octopus!

Mark, thanks, a bit of jet exhaust and steel paint does a neat job of highlighting various areas. I don't normally do this but I decided to give it a try.

Lou

lastvautour

Twirlies.

Lou

cliff strachan

Overall a very nice model,Lou. But I especially like the props. They look very realistic.
Cliff

lastvautour

cliff strachan

But you do have silver on the bottom part of your models, Lou. How do you manage masking over silver? I've been using silver enamel and then trying to seal the silver by over- spraying with "Glosscoat." But even then the masking tape removed the coating of "Glosscoat" but leaving the enamel!!!!!!!!
Cliff.

Balsabasher

Lou,those props are gyrational ! what a stunning model,great pictures as well.
Barry.

lastvautour

Cliff, if you look at the upper photos, the model is painted gloss white overall first and then I mask the white and spray the silver after. I do the same for the red panels.

Barry. Thanks. The credit goes to Ken for starting the twirleys.

Lou