• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Canadair CL-44 / RCAF CC-106 Yukon.......................(Completed 25 Oct 2011)

Started by lastvautour, February 05, 2010, 01:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Primed, sanded and painted gloss white. Masking will follow shortly for application of a metallic finish. Decals have been drawn but not printed yet.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

Looks beautiful Lou.
Thanks for posting.
Mark

cliff strachan

It certainly is a beautiful model, Lou.
Perhaps, although I believe that you've informed us already, it would be interesting if you could find the time to elaborate further on your approach to making decals.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Cliff, we have several decal post in http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?board=9.0 If those don't answer your questions I will gladly explain further.

Lou

lastvautour

Masked and siting in the paint shop. A second coat of red is forthcoming and them masking and metallic paint.  the red panels were to assist locating the aircraft should it go down in the great white north.

Lou

lastvautour

Masking removed. Now for some cure time.

Lou

Balsabasher

Well worth the wait Lou,it is surprising how long some paints take to flash off,with modern paints the shelf life is extended with dryers that take a tad more to go off.
Great paintwork,the red panels really set the scheme off.
Barry.

Ken Pugh

She's looking good, Lou.  Like a dufus, I'm wondering where the blue paint went in the latest pic.  What a bone head.  Clicked on the link and figured it out.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

Decals drying as we speak.
The attached doc hold the home made fuselage flashes. The RCAF lettering is on the other PC and will be seen only after it is applied.
Lou

Balsabasher

I have saved that file Lou,it could come in handy for the future.

Barry.

lastvautour

The Yukon is finished and proudly mounted next to the DH Comet.

Lou
I have a set of prop disc on the bench to replace the props.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

Thank you Ken. Very satisfying to have this one done. I started it in Feb 2010. Now all that remains of the procrastinated projects are the 1/48 Argus and 1/32 Sabre.

Lou

Balsabasher

Beautiful Lou,I like your dedicated display area which looks very neat,is that adjoining your work area or in the house itself ?
represents thousands of hours work.
Barry.

lastvautour

Thanks Barry. I closed off a section of the basement in an attempt to control the dust. The stand behind me was my old PC work sation, but alas that crashed two days after the up stairs PC let go. I now have an ACER PC that does the minimum which is what I really needed. Oh, by the way, I managed to open my portable drive once and retrieved all my pictures and data. I received a replacement portable drive which will be used solely for backup. Me and electronics don't always agree. Must be my aura.

Lou