• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Canadair CL-44 / RCAF CC-106 Yukon.......................(Completed 25 Oct 2011)

Started by lastvautour, February 05, 2010, 01:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Yes I see what you are doing there Lou,a module in itself for the fillet,most interesting,best of luck it looks promising.
Barry.

lastvautour

The filet is working out. A bit more carving and sanding  and the project should be ready for the final priming before paint.

Lou

lastvautour

The filet looks good.

Balsabasher

Your separate fillet idea works well Lou,I am going to use this idea in the future myself.
Barry

lastvautour

The trailing edge filets have been installed and await the wing before final fairing into the fusleage. The wing/fusleage joint has since been glued and clamped. Putty and sanding will follow. Thanks to the wooden filets, putty use will be minimal.

Lou

Balsabasher

Which brand of putty do you use Lou ?

Barry.

lastvautour

lastvautour

The glue has dried and putty has been applied.

Lou

lastvautour

The tan area in the above photo has been sanded and a bit more putty added to complete the training edge filet. A total prime job is just around the corner. Due to its size, the Yukon and Argus will have to move to the garage for painting.

Lou

lastvautour

The Yukon has been sanded and require just a few touch ups around the wing root area. The Yukon roll out should be later this summer. The white top fuselage and tail have been primed in white and will be painted gloss after the touch ups have been done.

Balsabasher

Very impressive model,the fillets really have worked well.
Barry.

lastvautour

No one was more surprized than myself. Chalk one up for Paul D.

Lou

Balsabasher

Are you going to suspend these large models Lou ? or make monster stands for them.
Barry.

lastvautour

I have not thought that far ahead. I need to re-organize or even enlarge my display area.

Lou

lastvautour

After having primed the entire aircraft I noticed the forward fuselage did not quite look right. Rechecking against the templates and judicious use of coarse sandpaper brought things back in line. I am once again in the paint booth and applying white primer as an undercoat to the gloss white.

Lou

Sorry no pics.