• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

The Hangar 1/144 Scale

Started by lastvautour, January 26, 2010, 06:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I started another hangar for 1/144 scale models. Right now all we have is half a box. This one will have no roof to enable the camera to better capture the subject.

lastvautour

The hangar project has taken a new direction. At a Russel Schmela's suggestion, the new hangar will be portable and have a handle. Looking around my basement I found my computer screen box was about the size I wanted and it had a handle, so with my trusty little knife I cut the edges on one side and the photos show where I am headed.

The top is hidden in the picture angle. The closed box was taken after the cutting and the integrity of the box is still great. A few wooden beams will help to keep the shape while transporting.

More to come. The Jet Provost and Beech 18 are solid wood where as the B-58 is plastic(sorry guys I don't have a wooden B-58 --- Yet)

Lou

lastvautour

dave_t

lastvautour

Thanks. I have since added some water pipes on the sides and some lighting fixture(non functioning). I bought an LED light but neglected to notice I needed some batteries to activate them. Back to the dollar store!!!! The other hangar(garage) got a thorough cleaning Wed and Thu so not much went on in the shop. Today is ditch cleaning detail.

Lou