• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Flights of Fancy II (Started 1965 Completed 12 Nov 2009)

Started by lastvautour, October 06, 2009, 02:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The picture was taken a mere 44 years after the project was started. I can't quite remember but feel it was probably an attempt at a French Mirage aircraft.

The model was lost to me from 1966 to the early 1990s when my brother presented it to me. This is one of the two surviving aircraft from my youth. The other was a non specific high wing light aircraft that my brother kept as a souvenir of the past. I am fiddling with it and was going to add a delta wing but ??????

Lou

R.F.Bennett

Gotta finish it Lou. . .  :P
"The Dude Abides"

Oceaneer99

Wow, that's was a pretty difficult subject to take on.  I remember starting a few solids in my youth, but they were much simpler subjects, and my models were also pretty simple. ;)

My dad said that when he was a boy, he made all of his solids just a few inches across.  When I asked him why they were so small, he said it was because his aunt was an air spotter and the recognition book had 3-views that size.

Garet

cliff strachan

Go for it Lou.

But, I think my P61's got you beat. It's got to be over 60 and still awaiting final painting. However, I've also been, recently, able to add to it in terms of props, under carrage, antenna and just putting it back together - as understandably age etc has contributed to a certain amount of damage.(Applies to me also.)

Cliff.

lastvautour

If my memory serves me well, this was the last project I started before joining the RCAF. I have my brother to thank for keeping it all those years. It is hard for me to believe that I carved this with a paring knife and broken glass for smoothing this out.

Lou

scottzepher

Nice to know I'm not the only one restoring old models.

Tom (aka ScottZepher)

lastvautour

The model is complete in just 44 years. Not bad. I was about to paint it then decided against it although it is various shades of putty and various wood colours.
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=36&pos=32
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=36&pos=33

Lou

Paul

Great persistence Lou!  The next time my wife asks me "are you ever going to finish all that stuff?" I will have your example to reference.

lastvautour

I am glad that I am not completely useless, I can always serve as a poor example.

Lou