• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Public Showing

Started by lastvautour, April 25, 2009, 10:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff strachan

I suppose that my remarks may seem redundant but I would like to add my support to Gordon's and to acclaim Lou's additional models as SUPREME. A very
good luck to you, Lou.

Cliff.

Biggles

Quote from: lastvautour on April 25, 2009, 10:20:28 PM
Three of the six contestants had solid wood scratchbuilt projects. The first by an 11 year old boy named Brodie was an AVRO Arrow in standoff scale.

haha! brodie is my age.
John 15:13

lastvautour

Biggles, I had not notice your age mention in that 2009 post. Your carving reflect greater experience.

Cliff, thank you for your generous praise.

Lou

lastvautour

The Bonnie is packed for travel. It will not fit in the trunk or back seat so it will stick out both sides of the rear doors.

Lou

Biggles

lastvautour

I made up several business cards with our web site address hoping to get some visitors.

Lou

Biggles

lastvautour

The display went very well with over a dozen people taking away the business card with our site address. Many compliments swelled my head a bit, especially when one of the winners expressed that my work was far superior to anything else in the display area. I have 5 Spitfire ID model plans and drawing. Three people took those away with them so let us hope that a small seed has been sewn. I was approached by a young fellow of approximately 8 years young telling me he thought my models were wonderful. That made my day more than anything else. The model show committee rewarded me with a large selection sanding products which will definitely be very useful in making quite a few new projects.

Lou

Boomerang

Well Done Lou!

Compliments were well deserved.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

Model Maker

Lou:

A truly impressive display of your talents!! I'm sure all the event attendees will remember your work for a long time to come.

-ken

lastvautour

Thanks Ray and Ken. I hope they will allow me to come next year.

Lou

Biggles

Amazing. how many models did you enter? how long do you think it to you to make them all?
Our local show is in 3 weeks, I will enter some things.

buccfan

Well done Lou, that is an impressive display, you do right to soak up the compliments they are well deserved. Hope you got them all home safely. Best regards Paul J.