• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Pre-Solid Model Memories Builds

Started by lastvautour, December 18, 2008, 01:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Carved in 2002 or 2003 and refurbished to Hungarian marking in 2004. Made from solid pine with home made decals. I just noticed that the pitot boom is missing. The aircraft has been on display at NFTC Cold Lake, Alberta for the past 4 years and may be destined for the Cold Lake Aircraft museum in th near future

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2346

lastvautour

Found a few pictures from my Pre-SMM period. Here are a few.  The RCAF F5A is 1/24 scale and the DHC-3 Otter is 1/32 scale.

Lou
PS I will post others as I find them.

lastvautour

Found a few more photos. All are 1/24 with exception of the silver Tutor that is somewhere around 1/18.

Lou

Gearup

Such a great looking collection. The silver Tutor is really striking to look at.
Fraser

lastvautour

The Tutor is around 1/18 scale and was a National Research Counsel  wind tunnel test model. I refurbished it to hang in The Directorate Fighters & Trainers Engineering Maintenance in Ottawa where I was working as a Life Cycle Maintenance Manager looking after the J85-Can-40 Tutor engine. The building has since been leveled and the name of the organization changed.

Lou

Gearup

Thanks for sharing the story on the Tudor. Great history. Does it still survive?

lastvautour

I don't know, but since the Tutor Maintenance Management office must still be in operations, I would hope so.

Lou