• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Spray Booth

Started by lastvautour, November 12, 2021, 04:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I was told if I can control the paint odor in the hose I can carry on. So, here is my new spray booth. I still have to connect the fan that I bought. It is brushless and guaranteed to move 220 cf/5.6 m per minute. The hose is vented outside through an existing, but unused 4"/10cm dryer hose. The box is a moving carton that was 18' wide so it could accept the furnace filter. Wish me luck since my investment to date is $200.00 CDN.

Lou

Gearup

Winter in Canada is inevitable. It will be nice for you to stay warm indoors while painting! Even here on the mild west coast, it still chills you to work in an unheated shop. Last spring, I took the opportunity to have gas heat installed and I do not regret it. Having said that, I still don't use much lacquer in the shop, but mostly acrylic paints.
Fraser

lastvautour

All set up with just placing a foam matt under the fan to dampen the noise. I have yet to turn it on, so that may be unnecessary. Faithfull duct tape to secure the exhaust duct to the box. The filter is easily swapped out and I could even double it up if needed.

Lou

lastvautour

After having done two spray jobs I can say the booth is a great success with no odor escaping to other parts of the house. This should facilitate future projects.

Lou

Gearup

Always nice to have something that makes the hobby more comfortable.
Fraser