• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 - 20th Anniversary 1/72 JU-88 Started 8 Sep 21 Completed 15 Nov 21

Started by lastvautour, September 18, 2021, 06:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Ju-88 fuselage, tail feathers and wing rough cut.

Lou

lastvautour

lastvautour

Gearup

lastvautour

lastvautour

Major parts are glued and rough sanded. Next, bomb racks followed by primer. Guns and antennae will follow once paint has been applied.

Lou

lastvautour

The forward fuselage has the cockpit glass painted. I first applied 1cm tape, painted the sand colour and then applied additional tape over the existing one and painted the black. Even in close up, the raised canopy frame does not stand out, so in future this process will not be used. The grey fuselage is hand painted primer where as the dark grey id spray primer applied when the temperature was a bit more cooperative.

Lou

Gearup

Interesting about the canopy detail. How was it raised? It may not show up in a photo that is flat lit but the detail, perhaps, would show up better if the light was more from the side.
Fraser

lastvautour

When I look at it, the raised framework does not stand out.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

lastvautour

Colour has been applied with a brush. Just a bit more painting followed by decals, guns, exhaust and antenna.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 16 Nov 21. This makes my 13th twin engine WWII ID Plus model to date. It joins the other 34 single engine aircraft on my 1/72 WWII ID Plus collection.

Lou

Boomerang

Excellent result Lou.

The sand is a bit different.Looks good.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. The sand camouflage is from the north African campaign in Libya circa 1942.

Lou