• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/32 RCAF Bristol Bolingbroke (Blenheim Mk IV) (Completed Jul 22 2010)

Started by lastvautour, August 16, 2008, 12:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The Bumble Bee target towing duties paint scheme is on finally. Lots of problem were encountered with getting the stripes to look right. Some decals have been done and applied. However, the large roundels are being difficult and I had to redo them They have a habit of either falling appart or the colour smudging. We will persevere and come out on top. I cannot afford the $54.00 for a decal set. If all else fails I will try to paint the roundels straight on to the model.

lastvautour

Finally done after more than three years of cutting, carving, sanding and painting. Not an easy project by any means but as usual very rewarding once completed.

Construction is clear pine throughout. The engine cylinders are wires wrapped around dowels and straight pins for push rods. A dowel was also used for the crankcase to mount the cylinders. The electrical harness is copper wiring from a piece of phone cable. The stripe pattern was generously given to me by Bill Burns from CanMilAir. At this scale it was prohibitive to purchase decals, so all were done on my ink Hp jet printer using Testor decal paper bought locally: so don't look to close. Paints are Krylon rattle can and Model Master acrylics. The stand is stained using a Minwax product of some sort.

The Hudson and Expeditor were started at the same time as well as a languishing CF-100.  The last photo shows her new home until such time as other projects force me to rearrange the collection.

And last but not least the proud owner of of a 1/32 RCAF Bolingbroke.

Ken Pugh

She looks good, Lou.  Sure does draw the eye wherever she is!

Ken Pugh

dave_t

Lou, I think this is the best model you have carved yet. It is a real eye-catcher, from the nicely done radial engines and asymmetrical nose to the color scheme. Great work!

DAve

lastvautour

Thank you Ken and Dave. I don't know yet if I will be donating it to the museum. Purhaps I will wait a year or so to ensure that the finish stays on and that cracks don't develop. That used to be a problem.

Lou

dave_t

cliff strachan

An extremely nice model Lou. The finish is exceptional which some might think that is as it should be but, as one still in the beginners stage, I'm amazed and recognize that you set a standard that is something for all to strive for.

Cliff

lastvautour

For Dave: The Oxford is in the museum.
For Cliff: Thank for for the encouragement.

Lou

cliff strachan

Do you have an Anson, Lou? If not that would be a great companion for the Bolingbroke. The sky around Winnipeg used to be yellow with Ansons, Bolingbrokes, Harvards and Tigermoths during the CATP.

Cliff

lastvautour

Balsabasher

Love the subject,love the scheme,great craftsmanship Lou and a very worthy addition to your collection.
Barry.