• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/32 RCAF Bristol Bolingbroke (Blenheim Mk IV) (Completed Jul 22 2010)

Started by lastvautour, August 16, 2008, 12:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

This project has been siting on the shelf since last year and new progressed beyond block stage. I hope to revive it later this month.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1622

lastvautour

Year end report 2008

The Bollingbroke is still siting on the shelf and will do so for the foreseeable future.

lastvautour

Bolingbroke has been taken off the shelf and engine nacelle blocks cut. progress report will follow as thing move along.

Lou

lastvautour

Moving along at a snail's pace, here are the latest photos of the 1/32 RCAF Bolingbroke

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=241&pos=1
The wing finger joints were cut using the scroll saw and will make an extremely solid joint once glued. The gun turret is missing from the picture.

lastvautour

lastvautour

Lots of sanding and filing of joints has taken place. It is not a hard project, but it is a lengthy one.

The props were finished a few days ago and now for the final sanding and painting. It should be ready for roll out no later than 1 May.

Lou

cliff strachan

lastvautour

Thank you Cliff. I have a few more details to add to the engines when they get installed.

Lou

lastvautour

Glass framework is being applied with masking tape and coated with dark grey. Once dry I will spray with primer and check for gaps between the tape and the surface of the aircraft.

I started applying yellow acrylic with my airbrush and stop immediately as it was not sitting well on the primer. I will have to switch to rattle can enamel the same as the other yellow perils in my collection.

Lou

lastvautour

cliff strachan

Hi Lou,
If that's a question I think your Bolingbroke in yellow should be AOK. I believe, although I'm not certain, but during the war and the BCATP the Bolingbroke was used for training in western Canada. In fact for a few years after they were common to be seen around various farms - used as chicken coops! Trainers at that time were all yellow.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Cliff, I secured a patern of black stripes to apply once the yellow has cured a bit.

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, I'm not sure at the moment but I believe that the BCATP Aviation Museum at Brandon has a Bolingbroke mounted on a pedestal near the junction of Hgws 1 and 10 in the yellow colours. If I can get out there in the next few weeks I'll check it out.
Cliff.

cliff strachan

Hi Lou again.
If you check <www.airmuseum.ca> you'll get the Brandon Commonwealth Air Training Programme museum web site. In there you'll find a couple of photos - although quite small but in colour - of a Bollingbroke # 9059. They should help in researching your model's colour scheme.
Cliff.

lastvautour