• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 - 20th Anniversary 1/72 Vought Vindicator 20 Mar 2021 - 23 Apr 2021

Started by lastvautour, March 20, 2021, 09:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

It appears Dupli-Color chrome is chrome. Other paints labelled chrome were just a shiny silver. Regardless, one must carry on.

Lou

Dave T

Can't miss this plane. They'll spot it from many miles away. :)

lastvautour

Probably took sailors many hours to buff it to this sheen.

Lou

Gearup

lastvautour

With manhandling the model lost most of its shine. Next time I will apply a clear coat before proceeding. However it makes it a bit more realistic. The project is nearing completion. I added the decals and painted the cockpit glass. The arrestor hook is ready for installation and the bomb cradle awaits some paint. Finished photos should appear shortly.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 23 Apr 2021. The chrome is now a dull metallic finish. If you want the shinny version, a coat of clear is required or don't touch the paint for a few weeks.

Lou

buccfan

Another excellent build Lou, and another striking colour scheme, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. I now have three yellow wings. Vindicator, Buffalo and BT-1.

Lou

Gearup

I agree that this a very colourful model! How did you prevent bleeding of the red when, i assume, masking over the tapes on the wing?  Looks great.
Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. The red lines on the wing as well as the walkways are home made decals. The cowling red was masked with Tamiya tape. The roundels are printed on white and the rest on clear film.

Loy

Gearup

Boomerang

Excellent result Lou.

Best get a wriggle on with mine.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour