• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

High Wing Wonder 1/32 Canadian Army Cessna 182 Dec 2020 - Completed Jul 21

Started by lastvautour, February 07, 2021, 08:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I started this Cessna 182 last Dec and side lined it when the 2001-2021 building craze hit. Back on the bench with the fuselage and tail feather rough sanded. Wings will be next. Drawings of the early 182 were no where to be found. Reading on the subject, I found that the early 182s  had a 180 fuselage with 172 wings and tricycle undercarriage. I had to cut and paste various drawings to come up with what I needed.

Lou

Gearup

Interesting how Cessna blended their aircraft models to keep production easier. Just like piper and their Pa28 series.

lastvautour

Boomerang

161 Reconnaisance  Flight in Vietnam used Cessna 180's . Also whilst looking found a Bird Dog with a white Kangaroo.
I do have colour scheme for a Bird Dog used by an Australian FAC . Food for thought for a future project.
Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

I have aa bird dog in Royal Canadian Air cadet Corp. Nice airplane to do.

Lou

lastvautour

Gearup

I really like how well you fit the wings to the fuselage.

lastvautour

I notch all my wings except for rare occasions.

Lou

lastvautour

The wing to windscreen joint did not look right. After measuring again, I had placed the wing 1/4 inch to far aft. Wing was removed and adjusted.

Lou

lastvautour

Progress is slow but still active. All parts are glued and sanded awaiting the first coat of primer. The undercarriage has yet to be started.

Lou

lastvautour

Primed and ready for aileron/flag corrugation.

Lou

lastvautour

Control surfaces were given the treatment this afternoon.

Lou

lastvautour

Grey fine primer sealer, white undercoat and red gloss. The wing and horizontal tail plane will be masked to leave the red section used on Canadian Army Cessna 182s.

lastvautour

Tail plane moved while drying. Things are straighter now. Undercarriage carved and assembled.

Boomerang