• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 20th Anniversary 1/72 Lockheed Electra 10 28 Jan 2021 - 28 Mar 2021

Started by lastvautour, January 28, 2021, 09:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon and Paul. Silver require a smooth surface.

Lou

Gearup

I'll have to put that on my list of finishes to try. Looks great Lou. BTW, the photo from 24 March looks like a coin with an Electra on it😀
Fraser

lastvautour

An old round table my wife purchased in 1977 for her ceramics. Once the ceramics were gone I grabbed it and have been using it ever since. A necessity in my book.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 28 Mar 2021. Trans Canada Air Lines (TCA) C-FTCC circa 1937.

Lou

Dave T

lastvautour

buccfan

lastvautour

Boomerang

Absolutely stunning model Lou.

Well Done.

Gordon

I will go in search of a can of Rusteleum.

Cheers

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. I have four brands in my shop with little difference between them.

Lou

Gearup

Beautiful model Lou. Really looks great in the bare aluminum and black. I'm guessing you made the TCA logo?
Again, nicely done.
Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser and I did do all the markings on my HP Printer.

Lou

Gearup

Hmm. While I do enjoy making the masks and painting the markings, I really think small decals would add to the feel of the models. Looking at the Banshee there are white markings with letters that I think would be better detailed with a printed decal. Can you provide the details of the paper you are currently using?
Thanks
Fraser

lastvautour

I have used testor film in the past and now use https://www.ebay.ca/itm/WaterSlide-Decal-Paper-For-Inkjet-Printer-A4-Transfer-5-Sheets-8-3-x-11-7-8-11/142994966773?var=442165342082&hash=item214b2a08f5:g:ZKIAAOSwo4pYgRWd for white and  https://www.ebay.ca/itm/WATER-SLIDE-DECAL-TRANSFER-PAPER-Clear-A4-LASER-5-SHEET-8-3-x-11-7-D02/133392672249?hash=item1f0ed2a5f9:g:rhsAAOSwo4pYgi~0 for clear. For the Banshee letters/numbers are printed on clear and roundels are printed on white. I have the image for the RCN roundels that are different from the RCAF roundel. With white a good pair of scissors are needed to cut the roundels and fin flashes out as well as the rudder strips. Yell if you need more help. The west coast is far away.

Gearup

Thanks for the info. This is what I am going to use for the roundel on the Banshee.
Fraser