• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 - 20th Anniversary 1/48 Spitfire Prototype 8 Jan 21 - 17 Mar 21

Started by lastvautour, January 12, 2021, 06:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

New beginnings is always a joy. Here are two Spitfires in the very early stages. One will be the prototype and the other a Mk II. Both will be work on as one project.

Lou

buccfan

Boomerang

Lou,
Good start. Looked at my Hurricane and 109 drawings . And put them away for now.

cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Classic aircraft. First time I saw one in a museum I was surprised how small it was.
Fraser

lastvautour

Fuselages are rough sanded and wing blank are cut. This topic will continue with the Spitfire prototype while a new topic will be started for the Spitfire Mk II.

Lou

buccfan

lastvautour

lastvautour

lastvautour

Major components carved and glued. Radiators, carb scoop just tack on. Wing filets carved but not shown.

Lou

lastvautour

Fuselage primed and tail feathers glued awaiting to putty.

Lou

lastvautour

Getting a decent colour match is hard. Some were too green, others too blue. I finally decided to stay with what I currently have unless I find a better way of getting the right shade. About to start the decals.

Lou

lastvautour

Decals printed. No white outline on the fuselage K5054. Could not find suitable roundels on line so I created my own in MS Word. I have a website that tell me the ratio of each colour. http://woodair.net/Aviation/roundels/RAF_Roundels.htm

Lou

lastvautour

The Spitfire prototype is complete and placed on the shelf next to a Spitfire Mk22.

Lou

Note photos were swapped out for shots with the exhaust manifold.

buccfan

Very nice Lou, looks great in that colour, I like your u/c decals, regards Paul J.