• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/32 DHC-2 Beaver 30 Aug 2020 - 26 Mar 2021

Started by lastvautour, August 20, 2020, 07:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The misses and I were taking a Sunday drive when we came upon this beauty so naturally I took many pictures and just had to have one. in 1/32 scale. That will give me an 18" inch span.

Lou

Gearup

Oceaneer99

Lou, Kenmore Air here in Washington state does a lot of maintenance and upgrades on DHC's from all over North America if you ever need more photos.

lastvautour

Thank you Garet. Do they also do Canadian birds?

Lou

lastvautour

The Beaver is low on my priority list but still received some attention this afternoon. Templates are cut and the fuselage block required splicing to attain the proper depth.

Lou

lastvautour

More blocks. I used my planner for the first time in Newfoundland to reduce the thickness of various pieces. I sure works faster than a chisel.

Lou

lastvautour

Doing a bit of work on the Beaver.

Lou

Gearup

Nice work on the float bottoms. Carving the concave tapering curves are fun, eh.

lastvautour

I was given gouges that work very well.

Lou

lastvautour

What is wrong with this picture?

Lou

lastvautour

Engine started minus the cylinder heads which would be hidden in the cowl. Thinning the cowl wall for a full engine is beyond my skills.

Lou

Model Maker

Looking great Lou!! Nice approach in using the bare wire and insulate wire for the cylinders.

In answer to your question. - Not many 10 cylinder radial engines. Could only find one referenced for WW I.

lastvautour

I frequently measure twice and still mess it up.

Lou

Gearup

I Always think of the firing order of a radial engine. There Has to be an odd number of cylinders or doesn't work. 1-3-5-7-9-2-4-6-8.

lastvautour

If you had two banks of 5 it would work.  Unfortunately mine had a single row. Measure measure measure!!!

Lou