• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/48 Twin Comanche Started 30 Mar 2020 - Completed 27 Jun 2020

Started by lastvautour, March 30, 2020, 08:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Twin Comanche in 1/48 scale. Construction from scrap basswood pieces.

Lou

Gearup

I love the twin Comanche. It's a nice looking twin that gets good performance without a lot of horsepower. Looking forward to the build of the model.

lastvautour

Moving along.

Lou

Gearup

Looks really good, Lou. Do you fill the wood before primer? I still seem to get a lot of grain using basswood.

lastvautour

I usually put sealer-sand-primer-sand over and over until the desired surface is attained.

Lou

Boomerang

Watching with interest .

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Just not right!

Lou

Gearup

Uhhh. Looks like a twin Comanche  :)

lastvautour

I took another look at my drawings and found that I had not put enough incidence in the main wing which lowered the front of the nacelles. It is not much, but enough to change the look of the model.  I will break the joint and preposition the main plane.

Lou

lastvautour

The main plane is re-positioned and it looks better. I still need some sanding the nacelle shapes.

Lou

lastvautour

Reshaping of the nacelles and re-positioning of the main plane has improved the looks of the Twin Comanche. As I cannot spray paint inside the house, colouring will have to wait until temp warms up. So far this spring 9 C has been the warmest is has gotten so far.

Lou

Boomerang

Gearup

lastvautour

Just tweaking the nacelles a bit and temp windows and windscreen. Won't be able to paint until the weather warms up. +3 C today. Not quite there for spraying.

Lou

lastvautour

Twin Comanche is going to the holding cell pending better weather.

Lou