• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Canadair Argus CP107 1/48 Scale ......................(Completed 21 April 2017)

Started by lastvautour, June 13, 2008, 01:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Thanks guys.
Mark, my biggest aircraft is a 1/32 Argus which is now in the local  museum.

Barry, the model in the background is a 1/72 Yukon which is based on the Britannia.

Lou

cliff strachan

Balsabasher

Beautiful model and a very attractive colourscheme as well.
Barry.

Ken Pugh

Well done, Lou.  It is nice to see this one finished after watching her progress over time.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

Sorry for the confusion. The Argus that I placed in the museum is 1/32 scale. The one I am currently working on is a mere 1/48 scale.

Lou

dave_t

Lou,
   Did you airbrush or hand-paint the 1/32 version? Acrylic? I remember you building it, but have forgotten the details.

lastvautour

The first Argus was brush painted acrylic. I took a colour sample to my local hardware store and they matched the colour perfectly. I made the 1/32 version while we were still on the old SMM site, hence no current data other than my failing memory.

Lou

Ken Pugh

Oops!  I think now I remember you talking about the two over the years.  My memory is fading as well.  Oh well, don't really need it to be too good to build daily.

Ken Pugh

Balsabasher

Memory fade is so annoying Ken,especially when you forget peoples names ? do you ever do that ? I usually end up working my way through the alphabet to try and remember them !
Such is life.
Barry.

lastvautour

The wing joints are slowly coming along.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

Lou,
After seeing the Argus photos in the Century Jets Cookup thread, I was wondering if your Argus wing will be removable.

Cheers,
Mark
PS Clear coat painting disaster on the P-80A ....more decals to make!

lastvautour

I do plan on making the wing removable.

Lou

cliff strachan

Good grief guys! Hang on to the Memory as long as possible. I also have tried to go through the alphabet as an aid - if I only could remember how it goes!
Cliff.           

Balsabasher

Cliff do you think it is the wood dust getting into the crevices of the brain ? !
Barry.

lastvautour

The filet on the main wing is all but done. This one was bits and pieces of wood and lots of glue. I may still try the same method used on the Yukon if that works out.

Lou