• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/48 Scale Photo Op Hangar 2018...........................(Complete 29 Apr 2018)

Started by lastvautour, February 07, 2018, 10:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

A new hangar is being built using a card stock display board. The floor curled when I applied the floor paint. I will paint the other side and see if that does the trick. If not, a wooden structure under the floor will  fix it. Brakes need to be applied so the aircraft don't roll into the walls!!!!!

Lou

lastvautour

Cement blocks marked out.

Lou

Boomerang

Well done Lou!

I like the set of stairs.

Gordon

buccfan

Looks great Lou, I see you went with a board to level up the floor. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

The stairs are tranplanted from my previous hangar.

Lou

lastvautour

The first panel has been printed and just held in place by the guard fences.

lastvautour

Wall panels installed along with windows and some doors. The hangar floor office has also been completed.

Lou

lastvautour

New panels for the 1/72 hangar. I may replace the wall panels on the 1/48 version as I prefer these. This is more 40/50ish.

Lou

buccfan

They look realistic Lou, just like the hangars when I first started work at Hawker Siddeley. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I prefer the older looking panels. I just recently found this on line and had to cut and paste to get what I wanted.

Lou

lastvautour

The 1/48 hangar is progressing but there has not been enough hours in the day to work on the 1/72 version.

Lou

lastvautour

Heating ducts are in and the heat is turned on because we are mid April and still have snow on the ground.

Lou

buccfan

Looks great Lou, hope you sent for the paramedics for the chap in the first pic. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

That fallen airman is clumsy McGoo. He tripped over the block separation line in the hangar floor. At least he is sober and just clumsy. In my youth, we had a technician with a drinking problem. I once saw him on one side of the hangar and lined himself on door on the other side. In his concentration on crossing he hangar floor without drawing attention to himself, he failed to notice a bright yellow tow bar in he middle of the floor. When he reach the tow bar the never slowed down and went tea over kettle. He brushed himself off and continued his journey. I was 17 and wandered why they would hide his actions, but that was the culture of the time.

Lou

lastvautour

Electrical panels and piping, warning signs and floor hazard lines added. Next will be conduits to other areas of the hangar.

Lou