• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

High Wing Wonder 1/32 AL-60 Conestoga....................(Completed 28 Jan 2018)

Started by lastvautour, November 16, 2017, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Boomerang

Looks great Lou.

Homemade decals?

Gordon

lastvautour

Yes. If I can't match the red on the PC, I will print the decal grey on clear and paint over that.

Lou

lastvautour

Had to go with clear decal film and paint the registration letters with matching paint. The main one on the wing is applied and looks good. The fuselage lettering is quite a bit smaller so masking is tedious. I anticipate completion by months end.

Lou

lastvautour

These are the decals. The large one is painted and applied. The other two also contain a porthole just aft of the cabin windows.

Lou

Boomerang

Grey on clear. Looks good.
  I tried to match the blue when I made the decals for the the Gannet. Had to do some brush work to
   match it up.
  Did you use a particular font?

Gordon

lastvautour

This is AMARILLOUSAF TT Font gives these block letters that is quite common in civilian registration letters. I downloaded many military fonts but on occasion aircraft vary from the norm and the font used is unavailable.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll Out 28 Jan 2018.

Lou

buccfan

lastvautour

Thank you for the praise.

Decals worked well with paint. I was unable to print the German flag so it came from the scrap decal box. For reasons unknown, the ink colours in the flag kept running into each other. It has never done that before.

Lou

Lotus-14

A very nice looking model.
Back in the early '60s, I worked for Lockheed.
We had two LASA-60s that were used to fly back and forth between San Jose, California, to CALAC in Burbank; making deliveries. I flew in them more than once.
I had a set of brochures and drawings from Lockheed, which I wish I still had. I've wanted to build a model for some time, but would like to find good photos of the plane in original colors.

lastvautour

I used drawings from a 1966/67 Air Progress magazine and as I recall the photos wee black and white. All that survived was the drawings.
You should start this week and complete it by year's end.

Lou