• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/32 Scale Stinson Gullwing..............................(Completed 2 July 2017)

Started by lastvautour, May 08, 2017, 09:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

Excellent progress and tutorial as usual Lou. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. My sister recommended I make it on Facebook.

Lou

lastvautour

Making a model part 13.

Detailing of the engine cowling included shaping and adding the rocker arm cover fairings. All eighteen were cut and shaped and then glued in place. Some final sanding will occur later in the project.

Lou

johnnytodd

Beautiful!  I'm very impressed with the precision of your work

lastvautour

Thank you John. The fairings have been sanded down some to give it a more streamline look.

Lou

lastvautour

Making a model part 14.

The undercarriage fairing is small blocks glued and then carved to shape. The leg and wheel/wheel pants are similar small pieces of scrap wood cut to size and then sanded to rough shape. The last picture show the general arrangement prior to gluing the parts.

Lou

lastvautour

Making a model part 15.

The legs blocks are glued and sanding has begun on the port side.

Lou

lastvautour

Making a model part 16.

Wheel pants carved and attached.

Lou

Boomerang

Lou,

Looking good. It is always a pleasure to watch your tutorials.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. More of a show and tell for the uninformed on Facebook re-posted here. I may attempt a detail tutorial on something easy in an attempt to attract new members from Facebook. My sister and her daughter have been forwarding the Gullwing post however so far just my relatives have been commenting.  https://www.facebook.com/louis.vautour

Lou

lastvautour

Making a model part 17.

All major parts are glued and primer has been applied. Now several sanding are needed and more primer until the finish is to my liking.

Lou

lastvautour

Making a model part 18.

Base coat applied using spray can. Now comes the red trim.

Lou

johnnytodd

lastvautour

Model Maker

Lou - Another great addition to your collection!!

The accentuated ribs certainly add a realistic touch to the model. Wish I had your skill with the "rattle can".

-ken