• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/48 Cessna 310 ...................(Completed 6 May 2017)

Started by lastvautour, October 24, 2016, 05:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The D version was the first to receive the slanted fin. I found so-so drawings on line but some dimensions are questionable. On the same image the wings work out but the fuselage is 3cm wider when viewed from the top vs the front. I will carved the fuselage with the wider measure and see what it looks like. I can always slim it down later. Work will be slow as many of my tools have yet to surface.

Lou

lastvautour

Found a slightly better 3 view but cannot relocate it on line.

lastvautour

New drawing represent a late 310K and does not suit my needs. I have found a better copy of the 310G that better represents what I want.

Lou

Model Maker

Hi Lou:

Found another 3 view for you. Not sure if this will be of assistance or not

Regards - ken

https://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/modernplanes/cessna/76435/view/cessna_310/

lastvautour

Thank you Ken, but this image is one of the later versions. Thank you for taking the time to research my project.

Lou

lastvautour

Progress shot.

Lou

Mirage 2000 is under repair. Metal pins will secure the broken plastic undercarriage. Both are 1/48.

lastvautour

Slowly emerging Cessna 310. I am some what confused as to when the Skyknight name appeared.

Lou

lastvautour

Reworked the forward fuselage and mated the tail feathers but not glued yet. I hope to get some quality time before the end of the month.

Lou

lastvautour

More progress with mating of the major components.

Lou

buccfan

Good progress Lou, looks like you are getting back into production at last. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

It is slow and I must change the way I work to reduce dust. I blocked off an air vent that alternately drew and forced air into my work area.  Any sanding is done over the garbage can and is brushed off rather than blown off.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. The tip tanks are carved, sanded and attached to the wing. The nacelles are next.

Lou

lastvautour

This is as far as I will be going in 2016. Puttied, sanded and ready for primer in the new year.

Lou

lastvautour

Additional photos.

Lou