• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Non-Member Models

Started by lastvautour, January 29, 2016, 09:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Bill tell me he has not been well lately,  however this does not seem to have affected his modelling skills. Here is a beautiful Typhoon and a Tomahawk cruise missile.

Lou

lastvautour

Here is a miniature gem at 1/230 scale. The Air Tractor was constructed by Dave T, a former SMM member.

Lou

lastvautour

Here is a second 1/230 scale "Small Gem" from Dave. The Piper Cherokee is a marvelous reproduction.

Lou

johnnytodd

Nice work Bill.  I congratulate your generosity

lastvautour

Another little beauty by Bill Schwander . This time a box scale B-52 with a 15" wing span.

Lou

lastvautour

Here are some wonderful 1/230 scale in a desert setting from my friend Dave. These are quite detailed for the scale he uses.

Lou

Gearup

Those are amazingly detailed models, regardless of scale ! Thanks for sharing.
Fraser

Boomerang

Agree with Fraser !  Thanks for sharing.

Gordon

lastvautour

With Tim Eckensviller's permission, I bring you his Curtiss-Wright CW-21 Interceptor built from the old pre-WWII Comet plan.

Lou

lastvautour

Another beautiful model from Tim.

I quote"This P-51B is the first solid model I built, probably 22-23 years ago in my early teens. I forget what plan it was from but I had borrowed an unbuilt original kit from a friend's collection and copied everything. The propeller blades are brass tubing squished flat and carefully formed to shape.

I've never been a good painter and at the time was too scared to ruin it with a bad paint job so it remains in sealer only. At this point it's been that way so long that it will stay that way." Unquote

Lou

Boomerang

I like the idea of brass tube squashed flat for propeller blades

Gordon

Gearup

The PBY amongst the trees just needs a plume of water covering the model stand and it would look like a fire-bombing scene in Canada during 60's. Very nice. I also like the Crane sitting on the blue runway in the forest!

Good job.
Fraser

lastvautour

John C has started a 1/72 scale Texan/Harvard.

Lou

lastvautour

With Jehh Krete permission I bring you a fantastic P-51 Mustang and a BF-109 Emile.

Boomerang

In a couple of words "Absolutely brilliant" its a standard to aim for.

Cheers

Gordon