• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Liberator GR V......................................(Completed 22 Mar 2016)

Started by lastvautour, September 24, 2015, 08:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Nacelles glued in place as well as the upper fairings also glued. Round toothpicks are frequently used to align parts and glued for strength. The same applied to aligning the tail feathers. I have also started working on the recessed wheels. I have yet to determine if I can make superchargers or use an image decal.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

lastvautour

Football radio antenna and wheels ready for final sanding and attachment. The engine nacelles are attached and initial sanding completed.

Lou

lastvautour

First attempt at making the superchargers.

Lou

Boomerang

Looks Ok to me.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. I found a decal an SMM gallery image that has superchargers. I will see who those look also.

Lou

buccfan

Looks good to me as well Lou, are you using that decal sheet for all the markings? .Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

No, I will be making my own markings for RAF 59 Squadron circa 1944. My friend's father flew this one while posted to Coastal Command.

Lou

lastvautour

All major components are glued. The clamp is holding the tail feathers in place while the glue dries. The second Liberator is starting to take shape.

Lou

lastvautour

Primed and ready for paint.

Lou

lastvautour

Ready for paint scheme.

Lou

Peter

Hi Lou,

It looks great so far. I know it's 1/72 scale but what's the wing span? Sitting on the coffee mug it looks smaller than I thought it would.

Peter

lastvautour

The Liberator has an 18.33 inch wing span.

Lou

Model Maker

Looking great Lou!!

I'll be using some of your techniques on a future Halifax which is currently on the CAD "drafting board". It will also be 1/72 scale.  Just wondering why you opted for red primer instead of the frequently used grey primer.

-ken