• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/32 RCAF CT-134 Started 25 June 2020 Completed 13 September 2020

Started by lastvautour, June 27, 2020, 12:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Musketeer is in the paint shop for some more primer over the corrugated control surfaces. I was going to use a coarse thread but that was not working out. I purchased some 1 mm tape that seem to do the job better than thread.

Lou

Gearup

Looks very convincing. How do you maintain the even spacing?
Fraser

lastvautour

The spacing was measure with a ruler and marked out at 5 mm apart. Once those were on I just placed the others in the middle using the Mk I Eyeball. The Musketeer is in the drying shop for the next two days before masking and painting the yellow. I was planning on painting the yellow first until I noticed the corrugated control surfaces.

Lou

lastvautour

Two days of heavy rain and very high humidity delayed applying the yellow. Now 3 days to cure and the yellow will be applied to the top side.

Lou

lastvautour

Decals are printed but damp weather is holding back the clear gloss spray.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 13 September 2020. Note older scheme with CANADIAN ARMED FORCES on port side and FORCES ARMÉES CANADIENNES
on starboard.
Lou

Gearup

Your model has a " crisp" look to it. The detailing and eye-popping paint scheme really bring the model to life. Fantastic job Lou!

Thanks
Fraser

lastvautour

buccfan

Nicely done Lou, well done on the paint line change, as Fraser said very crisp. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Boomerang

lastvautour