• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

WWII VE 70th anniversary - RCAF F-18 AirToon..Completed ...........(14 Oct 2017)

Started by lastvautour, April 28, 2015, 03:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Major components are cut for two F-18 AirToon birds. I will attempt to represent the RCAF Demo F-18 1945 type camouflage.

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, it might surprise you, at least it did me, that your notice concerning the 2014 competition of  solid scale models (completed in 2014) was still posted on one
of the notice boards of the St. James Library as of this date. Thought that was interesting and that you might like to know.

As we are having some very inclement weather - for winter or spring or whatever - when you arrive give us a call .  .  .  .  .. Personally, I haven't a clue why this bulletin has remained on the board so long - unless it's due to the superb workmanship of the contributors which I can attest to is probably a very valid reason.

Cliff.

lastvautour

Thank you for the info. I hope it inspires someone to pick up the hobby.

Lou

buccfan

A few more pics here Lou, what the other pics didn't show was more details on the vertices fins. Regards Paul J. http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66512

lastvautour

I will be surfing for vertical fin photos that can be converted to decals. There is no way I could paint the details. Thanks for the photo link. I think the port fin photo is suitable for my purposes.

Lou

lastvautour

Biggles

John 15:13

lastvautour

lastvautour

buccfan

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. The F-18 is currently on hold, but I will finish it.

Lou

lastvautour

Did not like the smoothness on the F-18 so started sanding it down. The other F-18 has not progressed.

Lou

lastvautour

Undercarriage sub-assemblies are ready for touch up sanding and paint. The fuselage is painted and awaits decal. I am keeping a lid on this one until it is complete. I anticipate that it will be done this month.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 14 Oct 2017. Took a few years, but here she is. Decals are home made with exception of the modern side fuselage roundel and HQY which just happen to be in my spares box. I must have made the model and used the other markings. I felt blessed.

Lou

buccfan