• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Hawker Hunter 1/48 Scale ................................(Completed 15 Aug 2015)

Started by lastvautour, March 01, 2015, 04:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Thanks Biggle. Working on the shell casing containers today. Intakes and wings carved but need some sanding before glueing.

Lou

lastvautour

Almost ready for the primer. Need speed brake and a few odd and ends.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

buccfan

Very nice work Lou, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

lastvautour

Light grey applied. Masking for dark grey is next.

Lou

Model Maker

Lou:

A great job on the wing and inlet geometry. All the pieces came together seamlessly with the fuselage and look great. I'd be interested in learning your technique to carve out the intakes. Where they simply carved out or drill first and then  carved to final shape?

- ken

lastvautour

Thanks Ken. The intakes were carved with a round rasp and then with sand paper wrapped on dowels.

Lou

lastvautour

Getting my interest up again after too much yard work. Paint is done and a gloss coat is drying as I type. The decals are at the same stage.

Lou

buccfan

Very impressive Lou, great colour scheme, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. Almost every picture of Lortie Aviation Hunters have some differences in markings. I just picked one.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out at 1000 hrs 15 Aug 2015.

Lou

buccfan

That's a beauty Lou, I like that a lot. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. There are several civilian outfits doing combat support flying using various aircraft. There are Hunters flying in the US. We have Top Aces in Canada flying the Alpha Jet and IAI Westwind. Details at http://casr.ca/bg-ew-training-top-aces.htm
I have had a yearning to do the Westwind.

Lou