• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Hawker Hunter 1/48 Scale ................................(Completed 15 Aug 2015)

Started by lastvautour, March 01, 2015, 04:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

New project on a very low priority. A companion to my 1/48 scale F-86. I saw a photo of an F-58A grey cam with a Canadian flag on the fin tip. These belong to http://www.lortieaviation.com/ and do combat training in various countries.

Lou

buccfan

Looking forward to this one Lou, another sleek looking aircraft, best regards Paul.

lastvautour

The Hunter has classic smooth lines. Another classic is the SeaHawk or Scimitar. Perhaps future projects?

Lou

Boomerang

All of the above are on the "to do "list... Eventually.
Looking forward to the Hunter Lou.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Starting. Drawings glued directly to fuselage peice.

Lou

lastvautour

Some progress in carving the fuselage and cutting out the major components.

Lou

buccfan

Looking good Lou. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thanks Paul. Like all other things on my bench, a few hours here and there is all I can manage for the next little while. A new addition to the family in the form of a 0,56kg puppy will take a lot of attention.

Lou

lastvautour

Some wing carving taking place between the pup and yard work now that the weather is good. The wing will be sanded to fit snug to the fuselage and the intake opened up.

Lou

buccfan

Nice work Lou, coming on a treat. When are we going to see some pictures of the pup?. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Aligning the wing to the fuselage was not working out so another approach. I will attach and carve the intakes and then attach the wing. A 1/8 inch rod connects everything for aligning.

Lou

lastvautour

The pup needs a lot more fibre before she become a solid.

Lou

lastvautour

This approach is looking much better.

Lou

lastvautour

Rain today so no yard work. Got a few hours pleasure carving the tail feathers.

Lou

Biggles

John 15:13