• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 scale Century Series Jets - F-102A ...............(Completed 18 March 2015)

Started by lastvautour, January 23, 2015, 08:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Wing fences drying. I placed saw cuts for the first 1/3 inch to embed the fence at the front portion.

Lou

lastvautour

Wings glued and drying. Some minor putty between the wing/fuselage joint and shaping the fuselage wing plug will make her ready for first priming before week's end.

Lou

lastvautour

Priming turned out well with only minor sanding needed.

Lou

lastvautour

Model Master gloss "Aircraft Grey" had to be hand brush as it did not take well to airbrushing. The bottle has sat on the shelf at least 25 years. I will let this cure a few days before progressing on.

Lou

lastvautour

Paint job completed today. Next come making serial number decals as I wish to do a North Dakota ANG Dagger. All other decals are from the  F-102A Hasegawa and Matchbox F-101B plastic kits. The arrestor hook is assembled and needs a bit sanding, painting and gluing in place. Anticipated roll out by the weekend.

Lou

lastvautour

Some delays in applying spare's box decals. Seems the 3 decade old kit decals are just falling apart when I try to move them off the paper backing. I have sprayed clear gloss over them and left them to dry overnight. If that doesn't pan out, I will have to make my own.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out occurred at 1900 hrs 18 Mar 2015. Some of the kit decals were very brittle and had to be covered with clear gloss before emerging in water. Even with that several still broke. Lucky for me, my main interest in plastic was early jets. The F-102A wing was the hardest to carve.

Lou

Oceaneer99

lastvautour

buccfan

lastvautour