• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 scale Century Series Jets - F-101B..................(Completed 15 Mar 2015)

Started by lastvautour, January 17, 2015, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

When placed next to the F-102A Aircraft Grey, the Voodoo Grey looks to be too dark.

Lou

lastvautour

Newer bottle of Voodoo grey was found and airbrushed. I must have added some black to the other to make it darker for some long forgotten project. Regardless, the colour looks right now. Model Master enamel black and flat white added the details. The pitot boom has red from Tamiya.

Next decals. I have the fuselage flash, roundels and small marking, but I need to make the walkways and some lettering. I have a full decal sheet but it is being saved for a Revell kit I have sitting on the shelf.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out at 1800 hrs 15 Mar 2015. Then back to the bench as I had neglected to add the turbine warning stripe. Twenty minutes later the model was rolled out again.

Lou

cliff strachan

A very nice CF-101B, Lou.  But where or how did you get the decals?
Cliff.

lastvautour

Thank you Cliff.

In 1986-87 I visited Hobby House in Ottawa and they had 1/72 Voodoo decals that were slightly off register and sold for 50 cents. The roundels were poorly formed but the flashes were OK.

Lou

lastvautour

buccfan

Excellent work Lou, lots of detailing with the decals, best regards Paul J.

lastvautour