• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/144 HMCS Bonaventure Started 1 April 2008

Started by lastvautour, April 18, 2008, 05:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

lastvautour

Boomerang

Lou,

Impressive! Look forward to further updates.

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. Things will slow down on the Bonnie as other project take precedence.

Lou

lastvautour

Flight deck repainted but I still need yardage numbers applied in white. I need to visit a stationary store to look for "dry transfer" white numbers. I though of experimenting with white decal film and printing a colour similar to the deck colour but with having colour differences  it may be beyond my talents.

Lou

Gearup

Looks great. The ship is certainly marked and coloured differently than modern carriers.

lastvautour

It was standard procedure to tell the pilots to stay off the grass while landing. Someone figured it would be helpful for the landing.

Lou

Gearup

Too funny! I thought, perhaps, the green was to make the pilots think it was an airfield. Of course, some of those pilots may have flown Spitfires only ten years before on grass :D
Fraser

lastvautour

Just a few more progress shots of the arrestor system and life rafts. The rafts are 60 pieces of wood and 40 vinyl straps. The Bonnie could string 7 cables in total.

Getting there.

Lou

Gearup

The model looks very good. Seems like the crew did not heed the warning regarding jet blast.  ;)

lastvautour

Boomerang

lastvautour

MD-3 tow tractor arrived from Shapeway some time ago. I have started converting them to The Royal Canadian Navy version by cutting off bumper followed by the power cart portion. I then glued the bumper back on and voila a Canadian MD-3. To spark the interest I relocated the Bonnie where I will see her every time I go into my plastic work area. I have also removed the air fleet from the storage box to further inspire me.

Lou

buccfan

Nice conversion Lou, good to see the Bonaventure back out again. My inspiration seems to come in bursts nowadays then goes away again. Regards Paul J.