• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 scale Century Series Jets - F-100D ..................(Completed 2 Feb 2015)

Started by lastvautour, December 31, 2014, 06:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff strachan

Lou, if possible  I would like a copy of 2014's poster that you've made. Unfortunately, I guess I must require a brief explanation about how to download it. (It's for distribution as on other occasions)

Cliff.

lastvautour

Silver paint job.  This will be followed by a coat or two of future wax and then additional burnt shading to the rear fuselage and yellow markings. Canopy will be black as the frames are silver.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

buccfan

Very nice Lou, I think you do a superb job with the metallic painting. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thanks Paul. Silver is not one of my strong point.

Lou

lastvautour

Shading the rear fuselage.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thanks Gordon. Next canopy and yellow markings. The control surfaces will be outlined with decal film.

Lou

lastvautour

Markings are assembled. It is a combination of images found on line and others put together using Word drawing tools.

Lou

lastvautour

Progress is moving along. Yellow bands and black intake and canopy are hand brushed.

Lou

lastvautour

The first Century Series Jet is done. Now I need to figure out where to put it.

Lou

PS I added the Super Sabre's younger sibling for comparison.

Boomerang

Lou,
Just seems like one minute it isn't and the next it is.

Nice job. well Done.

Cheers
  Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. Sometimes there is great push near the end to complete a project.

Lou

buccfan

I somehow missed this finish in amongst your other starts and in progress, it look great Lou, the shading looks very effective, decals the finishing touch as usual. Regards Paul J.