• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Canadair F-86 Mk 4................................(Completed 8 August 2014)

Started by lastvautour, July 24, 2014, 03:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Started my latest Sabre. I need to pay greater attention to shaping the forward fuselage/intake area.

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, I see that you've got a "nail clipper" and a "clothes pin with a rounded piece (probably) glued on to part of the clothes pin." What do you use them for?
Cliff.

lastvautour

Hi Cliff. The cloths pin is just resting there. I do have a couple glued to 12 inch sticks to hold small pieces away from my hand when spraying paint/primer. The nail clippers are straight edge rather than the curved version. It is great for cutting toothpicks and other small pieces of wood or plastic. When the get dull, replace them as they crush soft wood such as balsa rather than cutting it.

Lou

cliff strachan

Thanks Lou. Something I've never thought of. There's much to be learnt from Solid Scale.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Red primer followed by sanding and then grey primer. PRU Blue makes up the bottom colour of RAF Sabres.

Lou

lastvautour

Dark sea gray followed by dark green.

Lou

Boomerang

Lou,
Reference the Avon Sabre. I've also "borrowed" the youngest brother's Planes of Fame Vol 10.
This has a couple of good colour plates for the Avon and CL-13 Sabre Mk2.
I'll get some scans and send them to you. Won't be until the end of the month when I get back home
so I can use a scanner without interruption.

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon, I look forward to them.

Lou

lastvautour

RAF 92 Squadron XB837 Canadair Sabre Mk 4 rolled out 8 August 2014. All decals were done in MS Word on my old Windows 98 PC because the printer does a better job. I also started using Tamiya decal solution and it sticks them done quite well but one must be careful not to use to much as it will badly wrinkle the decal. The normal process will show some minor initial wrinkling but that clears as things dry up.

Lou

lastvautour

The Sabre squadron is growing. I made one of my stands for the Strombecker model so it will be like the remainder of the F-86 fleet.

Lou

lastvautour

Oops. I noticed that the light grey on the fin top is incorrectly positioned giving the fin a rather awkward stance. It will be corrected tomorrow.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

lastvautour

Thank you Mark. Here is the revised tail feather paint and a set of so-so drop tanks. Although not very high on the to-do list, I want to try to do a better set of tanks for all the Sabres.

Lou

buccfan

lastvautour