• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Lancaster WWII ID + ...............................(Completed 27 July 2004)

Started by lastvautour, June 17, 2014, 01:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Very interesting Kenny. Thanks for posting it.

Lou

lastvautour

Made some progress since the power was restored. Everything is just tack glued. Now comes about ten hours of sanding. Note the dorsal turret compared to earlier photos. Exhaust covers are done, but not attached yet.

Lou

buccfan

Very nice indeed Lou, a lot of shaping work there.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

thank you Paul. I have always liked the Lancaster but reluctant to attempt it.

Lou

lastvautour

Nacelles have been glued as well as the tail feathers. The prop discs were assembly line at the same time as the Mossie Mk II and prototype discs. The fuselage has one sanding with 230 grit (Very fine). The wing/nacelle assembly is ready for the paint shop for its first coat of primer before fine sanding begins.

Lou

lastvautour

Glued, sanded and primed for paint job.

Lou

buccfan

Looking good Lou, are you just doing the black ID finish or the coloured version?. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. I will be doing the coloured version. I am about to research RCAF Squadrons that flew the Lancaster.

Lou

lastvautour

On further research I found that most RCAF Lancasters  had H2S radar for ground mapping. So back to the shop for the radome.

Lou

lastvautour

Radome and tail wheel.

Lou

Boomerang

Coming along nicely as usual Lou.

Cheers
  Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. I just puttied the edge of the radome and will sand and prime tomorrow.

Lou

lastvautour

I ran out of primer, however since the exhaust covers will be all black I may just use black hobby paint and sand them lightly if needed.

Lou

lastvautour

Tamiya Flat earth has been applied followed by masking and applying dark green (RAF). Once dry all masking will be removed and then reapplied in preparation for the black.

Lou

lastvautour

Out of the paint shop. I still need to mask the cockpit and gun turret windows.

Lou