• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Lancaster WWII ID + ...............................(Completed 27 July 2004)

Started by lastvautour, June 17, 2014, 01:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Major parts are cut.

Lou

Balsabasher

This is going to be a great project Lou.
Barry.

lastvautour

The wood selected for the wings was not thick enough to carve my favoured one piece wing so blocks had to be added to achieve the desired thickness at the tips. So siting this morning on my front porch, knife in hand I removed the center section. Felt good being out there waving at the neighbours as they went by.

Lou

lastvautour

Starting to look like a Lanc.

Lou

Biggles

your plane looks great Lou, I am envies of how you get so many models finished!
biggles
John 15:13

lastvautour

I am retired Biggles, this is my full time job.

Lou

lastvautour

I was always amazed by Kenny's Lancaster, although he claims it is not very good. I tend to disagree. I post his photo by his kind permission.

Lou

lastvautour

The wing is in block form and the center section is starting to get some airfoil shaping.

Lou

Kenny Horne

Aw shuks Lou  :)

Looking good Lou.  Will be watching this build with great interest.  Hi to everyone,

Kenny

lastvautour

Progressing with the carving. The wings and tail feathers have a crude airfoil shape. The fuselage is still block with the canopy, gun installation starting to come out of the wood. One outer engine nacelle is carved and rough sanded. The remaining three nacelles are in block form only. I had to resort to googling Lancaster model pictures to get a decent shot of the rear portion of the outer nacelle. I have a 1/1 scale Mk. X sitting a few km down the road, but the weather has been poor. Next clear day I will travel camera in hand. Our display version is a bastardization of the Lancastrian and a Mk. X having the extended forward fuselage.

Lou

Balsabasher

Seeing a Lanc being fashioned in wood is a great experience,and as Lou is finding out there is a lot to it,the distinctive dihedral angle looks very good.
Barry.

Kenny Horne

Hey Lou,

Not sure if you have tripped over this link, but it contains an amazing collection of Canadian Lancasters in their final days.  I have been gathering quite a collection of photos of the Nanton, and Calgary Alberta Lancs.  I may have something you are looking for.

Great looking progress,

Kenny

lastvautour

Kenny, your link went astray. The fuselage and flying surfaces have been mated in my typical fashion. Minor adjustments are required before gluing in their final position. Spent a lovely afternoon, siting on the porch under a gazebo sanding away in the shade.

Lou

Balsabasher

Its coming along leaps and bounds Lou,its got the right sit and everything going for it.

Barry.

Kenny Horne

ooooops

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/ArticleType/ArticleView/ArticleID/455/language/en-CA/Default.aspx

Try this,

Went away for a nice weekend.  I guess it would have been nicer had I supplied the link.  Oh well, enjoy,

Kenny