• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Mossie MK II........................................(Completed 3 July 2014)

Started by lastvautour, May 28, 2014, 11:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

When Jorrit selected his Mossie, I already had the major Mossie components cut out in clear pine. On selecting his wood, he chose what looked like spruce. I selected some spruce and made my Mossie prototype with similar wood to experience what he would be going through with his project. Now with exception of the vertical fin which I cannot find, I am converting the parts to a Mk II in WWII RCAF 410 Night Fighter Squadron colours.

Lou

lastvautour

Engine nacelles have been carved and sanded. The wing is carved out rough and the fuselage has just been started. Tail fin and stab are cut our rough.

Lou

lastvautour

Progressing.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

lastvautour

Straight pins for now. I will drill holes using the pins as a guide and add bamboo guns with the flash guards.

Lou

lastvautour

All parts are glued and wood filler has been added to the seams. Sanding can begin anytime I find time for it. The Lancaster is taking most of my attention.

Lou

lastvautour

First time in the paint shop. I have since added minor amounts of putty to tidy up some gouging errors and re-sprayed the model. Exhaust covers and nacelle lower air scoops have been added. The 410 Sqn Mossie is Medium Ocean Grey and Dark Green. Later versions were black on the bottom.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out of the RCAF 410 Squadron Mosquito Mk II occurred 3 July 2014. That makes 22 WWII ID + models.

Lou

lastvautour

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thank you Ray, Peter and Gordon. Your comments are well appreciated.

Lou

cliff strachan