• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/144 Canadair/Convair CC-109 Cosmopolitan..............(Completed 9 April 2014)

Started by lastvautour, February 22, 2014, 05:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff strachan

Very good wheels for your model, Lou. Sometime  maybe you could elaborate on just how you built the center portions. I know that I've tried in the past (see e.g. my Black Widow) but only with modest success.
Cliff.

lastvautour

The wheel hub is made in MS word using basic shapes but created around 3" /7.5 cm in diameter. Once reduced in size it turn out pretty good. I will make a tutorial in tips and technique later this week as it is my bedtime.

Lou

lastvautour

With just the decals remaining, I anticipate roll out to be mid week.

Lou

Balsabasher

buccfan

Very nice Lou, I think the grey and white scheme looks great on the larger aircraft types. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

lastvautour

Roll out was just before noon followed with a luncheon of ginger snap the wife just took out of the oven. I don't know which turned out better. Regardless the Cosmo is done and the CanMilAir decals were wonderful.

Lou

lastvautour

buccfan

Very nice indeed Lou, those decals look great,another one to be proud of. It looks great in the hangar.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. I really enjoyed this one as I flew in one. On another occasion I was tasked to supply a DC power unit to a visiting  Cosmo. I screwed up and received a chewing out by the Sergeant.

Lou