• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Memoriam - My Cousin Andre . . . .. ....... ............ .(Completed 4 Sep 2013)

Started by lastvautour, April 03, 2013, 07:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff strachan

How did you make out with the utensils, Lou? And how was the wedding? My daughter got married about three years ago. In her case she was older than I was when I .  .  . - but it still makes you feel old. Wait a minute! I am old! No wonder there's no one left to talk to. ;)

Those ships you've been working on, they are real aren't they? If they're not they sure look real.
Cliff.

lastvautour

The wedding was great.

As for the ships, they are Prestonian Class Frigates. These were WWII River Class Frigates that the RCN converted for use until better frigates became available. They are nearing completion with railings being attached today.

Lou

lastvautour

The ship in the foreground is fully assemble and requires just a bit of paint. The other still has some railing to glue and it too will be painted. I hope to launch them both by Wed.

Lou

lastvautour

Two Prestonian Class Frigates were launched yesterday. It was fun doing them and stirred up some good memories of Andre. Every part is wood except for the railings which are screen mesh.

Lou

buccfan

They look amazing Lou, the detailing work is superb. Well made. Best regards Paul J.

lastvautour