• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Memoriam - My Cousin Andre . . . .. ....... ............ .(Completed 4 Sep 2013)

Started by lastvautour, April 03, 2013, 07:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Blocks are being cut for the Lanark superstructures and funnel.

Lou

lastvautour

HMCS Lanarks moving along.

Lou

Balsabasher

Just catching up with this thread,there is a bit of Tornado B-45 in that wing Lou,those engine nacelles look familiar !
Barry.

lastvautour

I have cut out the wings to Andre's Jet and have made some progress on HMCS Lanark. I found a really good photo of a sister ship from on high. This will help a lot.

Lou

lastvautour

A bit more work has been done and some railing attached.

Lou

buccfan

Looking good Lou. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. Unfortunately it will not be ready for my visit home come Aug 7th.

Lou

lastvautour

A few vents, mast platforms and new twin mounts (old mounts in foreground).

Lou

lastvautour

Various vents, capstan, lockers and guns have been added and will be painted tomorrow. Future addition will remain unpainted until photos have been taken to show progress.

Lou

P.S
Unfortunately my cousin Andre's ashes arrive this weekend and a function is set for Sunday afternoon. I quoted the original comments to this post and prepared other words for my sister to read in my absence. HMCS Lanark will follow once completed.

cliff strachan

Lou, the unfortunate passing of your cousin Andre will be felt by all - members of your family and other associates. In this regard your model of the HMCS Lanark will be a fitting memorial. I'm sure he appreciates it.

Cliff.

lastvautour

Progress report before we leave on holidays tomorrow morning. I will have withdrawal symptoms by Friday. Regardless here is the current situation with the two Prestonian Class Frigates. I decided not to paint the guns as I will to do more work on them.

Lou

Peter

They both are looking really good Lou. Enjoy your vacation.

Safe Travels,

Peter

lastvautour

Vacation was great Peter.  HMCS Lanark life boats and rafts are in construction.

Lou

PS. Leaving Wed for daughter's wedding. She has a full schedule of events including side trips and rehearsals etc. etc. She even has a practice dinner. I suppose one should learn to use utensils in public   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lastvautour

Armament lockers, vents, AA Gun tub, and mortar covers almost ready for paint.

Lou

lastvautour

Nearing completion. Champagne bottle at the ready. Should go down the slip by mid week or sooner if I can put more time into it. A few more air vents, ammo boxes, AA guns and communication mast.

Lou