• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

CF-5A & CF-5D 1/32 Scale............................(Completed 9 Feb 2014)

Started by lastvautour, February 12, 2013, 04:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

CF-5A awaiting decals. Just the exhaust cans require painting later this weekend.

Lou

lastvautour

Two more shots. This one and the CF-5B have sat for far too long.

Lou

buccfan

Great camo scheme Lou, look forward to the decals. Are you having a year end blitz? .Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I am trying to clear up some long running projects to make room for new stuff.

Lou

Balsabasher

Great paintwork Lou,may the painting blitz continue.
Barry.

lastvautour

First decals are the tail band. An attempt to do them on white failed miserably so a white band followed by the blue on clear seems to have done the trick. My next obstacle is the white numbering on the tail and the yellow emergency arrows.

Lou

Balsabasher

The colours stand out well Lou,you can do it !

Barry.

cliff strachan

That's pretty good, Lou. But again when you get time will you explain the way you managed to duplicate the symbol on the decal that you've made so far. The boat I mean.
Cliff.

lastvautour

I will be happy to do so, however I need to know what boat you speak of.

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, I'm referring to what appears to be a white boat or a sailboat on the blue background.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Sorry Cliff. My mind was on standby when I read your comments. I have a good PDF file of the CF-5. I blew it up to approx. 1/24 scale and copied the image on the screen. I then took that and pasted to MS Paint and cropped the image to just give me the band. On reducing it to 1/32 it made a nice crisp image. I assumed the shipped faced forward on both side so I flipped the image in the MS Paint program.

Lou

cliff strachan

Thanks very much, Lou. Think I'll copy it so that I can review what you've described. Little slow.

Cliff.

lastvautour

The decals have been printed and sprayed with clear gloss. The two sets is a result of my printer wanting to chew up the page I was using. It gives me a few extra parts just in case.

Lou

Balsabasher

lastvautour

Thank you Barry. These are relatively easy to do. When I get rich, I will buy an Alps printer.

Lou