• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

CF-5A & CF-5D 1/32 Scale............................(Completed 9 Feb 2014)

Started by lastvautour, February 12, 2013, 04:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

It hasn't taken you long to get that far Lou, have you decided on colour schemes for your two? it would appear you have quite a choice.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

This stage is relatively easy with just hacking away at what does not belong. The contour is the hard part. I will do a 434 Sqn single in Dark Gray/Olive Drab which are the colours the CF-5A had for most of its life in Canada. The Dual is a bit more delicate as I wish to do an aggressor scheme but have not selected it yet. The 1/24 just had its last coat of paint applied this afternoon and will sit until tomorrow to remove the masking tape.

Lou

lastvautour

Decals for the 1/24 Lizard scheme are being created and masking for the cockpit windows will be done today as well and painting them.

Lou

lastvautour

Decals created but not printed. I need some printer ink. The tail band needs to be redone a bit darker and will be placed over the existing decal.

Lou

buccfan

Very nice job Lou, paintwork and decals look excellent .Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. I purchased printer ink this afternoon and will be printing tomorrow. Drying take an hour or so and then coating at least another. I guess that decal application will follow on Monday. Victoria Day is a holiday here when all the stores close so I don't have an excuse for not finishing the F-5.

Lou

P.S. What is on your bench these days?

buccfan

Hi Lou, I still have the F18 on the bench, I had to make some more wing blanks as the ones I had cupped quite a lot. I have cut the fillet for the underside and marked out some of the cut and shape lines but home work has interrupted. I am currently combining two rooms into one and that's taking up most of my time. Looking forward to getting started again. Regards Paul.

cliff strachan

Hi Lou, I'd promised a photo at least of the CF-5 mounted on a pedestal. I've got three that I've been trying to forward via my new nifty laptop but don't so far seem to be able to work it properly. Incidentally, the plaque accompanying the mounted aircraft calls it a CF-116? Maybe you might get the shots as attachments. Between this and trying to make undercarrage for my L10 - with which I'm having my share of difficulties (the model is too small) - I think I'm busy. A very nice job you've done on your CF-5's.
Cliff.

cliff strachan

Lou, I've just sent you the three photos as shared. Hope you get them OK. Please inform me. This laptop is more trouble than it's worth!
Cliff.

buccfan

Hi Lou, did you manage to get any work done on the F5 on Victoria Day?. Regards Paul.

lastvautour

I managed to get a few hours in. The decals are on except for one that is all black. I have been having problems with black since I got my new printer. I will find a work around. Cliff, I have not seen the photos you speak off.

Lou

cliff strachan

I'll try again.Wish I knew how to post the photos to this site.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Just upload the same as the plans you submitted but select your personal album to store them in.

Lou

lastvautour

My friend's CF-5B in 1/24 scale is done and awaits his coming over to retrieve it sometime next week. CF116809 was one of two given this particular scheme. CF116805 had a grey bottom.

Lou

lastvautour

Different lighting give varying appearance to the lizard scheme.

Lou

PS This topic will remain open pending completion of the 1/32 scale CF-5B