• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

CF-5A & CF-5D 1/32 Scale............................(Completed 9 Feb 2014)

Started by lastvautour, February 12, 2013, 04:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I am building it for a friend. This will be the last build for someone else other than me for the forseeable future.  I enjoyed it, but pressure to get it right is always there.

Lou

lastvautour

Here is a better photo. Photography is not my strong suit.

Lou

buccfan

That one certainly shows all the coutour changes. Well made Lou.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

cliff strachan

Lou, if photography isn't your strong suit perhaps you should reconsider that description because your F5 sure looks a lot like the F5 mounted on a pedestal on Ness Ave.
Cliff.

lastvautour

What scheme is the Ness Ave CF-5A?

Lou

Balsabasher

lastvautour

cliff strachan

Maybe I'll try to send you a photo of the CF-5 - or at least a description. Thought you'd maybe be familiar with that aircraft. In brief, as I recall it's standard camouflage on top with grey on the underside. Exactly what squadron or other markings I don't presently recall.
Cliff.

lastvautour

I am once again reminded why I don't build for others. My friend showed me the photo of the paint scheme and guess what? It is dual. He never mentioned that when he was shown the CF-5A drawings and the built up model prior to painting. New pieces have been cut and things are proceeding. I am also converting my old CF-5B to the paint scheme he wants. If the paint job works out I will give him the 1/24 scale one and I will keep both the CF-5A and CF-5B in 1/32 for my collection. CF-5B photos attached for your viewing.

Lou

buccfan

You'll certainly be expert on CF-5's Lou, what c/s did he want?. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

He wanted the desert lizard scheme.

buccfan

Great aggressor scheme, lots of wavy lines to paint. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

At different times the tip tanks were camouflaged as well.

Lou

lastvautour

Moving along nicely. I have decided to pass on my 1/24 scale CF-5B and keep both 1/32 scale models for my collection.

Lou