• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

CF-5A & CF-5D 1/32 Scale............................(Completed 9 Feb 2014)

Started by lastvautour, February 12, 2013, 04:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

A new project started yesterday. The drawings have been size but needs assembly as the model drawing is too large for my printer paper. I once printed an 8.5 X 22 image but cannot repeat the process for some unknown reason. Beyond my limited computer skills. Regardless, this one will be painted as a 434 Bluenose Squadron bird.

Lou

lastvautour

Wood has been cut into blocks. Dream stage is great and so full of promiss.

Lou

lastvautour

Note the CF-5B is 1/24 scale.

Lou

lastvautour

Rough carving fuselage.

Lou

lastvautour

Block shape has been attained. Contour carving to start shortly.

Lou

cliff strachan

I think I can say in all sincerity that it looks very nicely done to this stage.
Cliff.

buccfan

Great progress Lou, there are quite a lot of contour changes to this one. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I will be taking it slow. This will be my third F-5 solid. The other two are 1/24 scale. One you see in the above photo and the other, a single seat version remained in Ottawa back in 1988. Wow putting it in print makes it sound so long ago. 25 Years!! Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Lou

buccfan

I don't know if you are the same, but since retirement time just flies by, I am into my 5th year, ( although still in my late 50s ) and it's nearly March already!!!. Where does it go !!!!. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Contour shaping has begun. Carving the dropped leading edge and wing as one piece proved a problem. I am attenpting to move forward on all fronts so yesterday and today are dedicated to the CF-5A.

Lou

Balsabasher

Another lovely model Lou,very well planned sequences.
Congratulations on a lovely model.
Barry.

lastvautour

Thank you Barry. I hope to see some of yours in the near future.

Lou

Balsabasher

You certainly will Lou,projects buzzing around in my mind.
Barry.

lastvautour

Primed and ready for paint as soon as my buddy tell me what colour scheme he wants.

Lou

buccfan

Looking good Lou, can't wait for the finished colour scheme. Regards Paul J.