• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/48 De Havilland DH-100 Vampire Mk 3 ..(Completed 19 Apr 2013)

Started by lastvautour, February 06, 2013, 05:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff strachan

Thanks Lou. I just managed to get back. It was a great accomplishment on the glass.

Cliff.

buccfan

Very nice Lou, looking forward to seeing some more.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thanks Paul. The Vampire would also make a neat AirToon.

Lou

Balsabasher

I am just catching up here with my fellow modellers projects,Lou what a cracking model you have created ! the Vampire is no easy subject but you have tackled it well,I am inspired to build one myself to a large scale solid.
Barry.

lastvautour

Just fresh from the paint shop. Need decals and squadron markings.

Lou

cliff strachan

Really nice, Lou. A very neat canopy also. What kind of silver did you use? I can't help notice your Vampire flew over a clothespeg. What did you use the clothespeg for if I might ask? Years ago I saw someplace where ladies' hairpins - the longer type - could be bent and fixed to your workbench to act as a vice.
Cliff.

lastvautour

buccfan

That looks really great Lou, you've got a great finish to the silver. Regards Paul J.

cliff strachan

I guess the years are really rolling along, Lou. I'd forgotten all about your earlier posting. I'll have to copy it to a more permanent place. Thanks again.
Cliff.

lastvautour

The Vampire finally rolled out of the hangar and into the display area.

Lou

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

cliff strachan

I think your Vampire is as close to perfect as one can get. But as I'm near to the painting stage perhaps I could ask what Silver paint you used?
Cliff.

lastvautour

Thank Ray and Cliff. I used Krylon Metallic Brilliant Silver and Testor Flat Black for the canopy. The Krylon was purchased at Canadian Tire. Future wax was added before and after the decals were applied.

Lou

buccfan

Another excellent build Lou, a pretty impressive finish on the silver, decals look great too. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul.

Lou
PS
I have also been busy on the plastic scene. Check out flickr.