• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Aermacchi MB-339 Freccia Tricolore - 1/48 Scale......(Completed 26 Mar 2013)

Started by lastvautour, January 16, 2013, 10:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

This is going to be a very attractive subject with that wonderful scheme.
Barry.

lastvautour

Temporarily out of the paint shop before attempting the red and green features. It need a bit of clean up where the paint bled under the tape.

Lou

buccfan

Looking great in that c/scheme Lou, thats the bit that I get most aprehensive about, masking and getting the edges down tight enough, I haven't tried the frog tape yet, I'm still building up to trying it, I'm using Tamiya like you. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Frog is about equivalent to Tamiya. Here are the first few decals that I have printed and sprayed with Krylon gloss coat. I ran out of play time before printing the remainder.

Lou

lastvautour

Final decal printed and drying. All that is required is the leading edge white and she is ready for roll out. Perhaps with luck late this coming week. This a first for me, nearly the end of the first quarter and no model roll out.

Lou

buccfan

Decals look great Lou, looking forward to rollout, is the honeydo list interfering with your schedule?. Best regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Roll out occurred at 1900 hrs GMT.

Lou

cliff strachan

Very impressed with your semblance of "glass" canopy. And the overall paint job. Nice job again Lou.
Cliff.

Mark Braunlich

Oceaneer99

Very nicely done all around, Lou.  Great work with combining paint and decals!

Garet

buccfan

I can only echo what has already been said, another impressive build Lou, well done. Decals look great. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you all very much. I may attempt something simpler on my next aerobatic team model.

Lou